Monday, February 9, 2009

"What the Hell?" for 500, Alex

I'm sorry, is it me? Did I do something wrong? Did I make a mistake over the past couple weeks that deserves to be thrown in my face like this? I don't think I did. I haven't gone out of my way to be a great samaritan, but I haven't done anything bad, either.

And yet here I sit, having just endured a sports week that included the following:

- The Steelers win the Super Bowl, just when it looked like they were going to lose

- Santonio Holmes mocks LeBron James after scoring the winning touchdown

- The Cavs play at Madison Square Garden, so all the LeBron-to-New York talk kicks back up

- Mo Williams is passed over AGAIN for an All-Star spot by David Stern

- LeBron has his historic 50-point triple-double taken away when the league office rules (and rightfully so) that one of his rebounds should have gone to Ben Wallace

- The Lakers ruin the Cavs' perfect home record

Did I miss something? I'm not used to experiencing that much heartbreak and buffoonery this time of year. Are the Browns still playing?

In either case, I hope this shit stops soon. It's my birthday on Wednesday, and I'm in no mood to spend it watching LeBron tear his ACL after hearing that Eric Mangini cut Shaun Rogers with a bunch of people chanting "Here we go Stillers" outside my apartment.

Fin.

No comments: