Monday, February 23, 2009

Must Be Calhoun

I don't know if Jim Calhoun has a vote in the coaches poll, and I don't know if some sycophantic UConn or Oklahoma beat writers have votes in the AP Poll, but how on EARTH is Pitt not a unanimous number one in either set of rankings? Inexplicable. Oklahoma getting two votes I can almost live with. Yes, they lost, but their best player, who also happens to be the best player in the country only played 11 minutes and they had a chance to tie in the closing seconds. I don't agree with that, but I can live with that.

But UConn? UConn? Sorry, Jerome Dyson isn't a miracle worker. His loss hurt the Huskies, but I think everyone still believes they're a title contender without him. The manner in which Pitt won (dominate inside early, weather a Connecticut run, finish strong) dictates that they should be a unanimous number 1. I want to meet the coach and voter who had the Huskies at the top, because they both need a violent, remorseless beating. Oh, and I hope the coach is Calhoun. I'd beat his hard-talking, bitch-ass, wah wah wah ass all the way down the Mass Pike.

No comments: