Monday, April 13, 2009

Somebody call the WAAAAAHMBULANCE

Did you catch the Cavs game today? Where we massacred the Celtics by 31 points on national television?

By the fourth quarter, everyone not dressed in green was dancing, including Cleveland's two most important players...


Delonte West is the owner of that arm all the way to the right. He was grooving to Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" as well, albeit with less coordination than Bron and Mo.

Turns out Celtics guard Ray Allen didn't take too kindly to the Cavs' celebrations in the non-eventful fourth quarter. I'm sorry, Ray. I must have been distracted by the tradition at the new Garden that finds you guys busting a move to the Bee Gees' "You Should Be Dancing" at the end of victories.

Or maybe it was the elbow you threw squarely into Anderson Varejao's nutsack in the third quarter, retaliation for what you claim was Andy throwing you to the ground but what the cameras showed was a mild tangle-up.


Andy even had something funny to say about it after the game:

"He doesn't like Brazilians, or maybe he doesn't like my hair."

Haha, good stuff. Not quite as good as your "Chosen 2" shenanigans, but I like the charisma.

I don't like Ray Allen's attitude, and to be honest, today was the most fun I've had watching a Cavs game this season. Maybe ever.

This new batch of Celtics is starting to piss me off. Kevin Garnett is a tremendous competitor, and he's still one of my favorite players. But Paul Pierce is a cowardly, gigantic douche who was gift-wrapped a pair of all-stars to help rescue his floundering career. Allen is less dangerous shooter and more bitter old man. The rest of the group flaunts a false bravado as long as they have their three stars to hide behind.

As a fan, I don't usually get too hyped about blowouts. I've been on the shitty end more times than I care to remember. But I savored every second of today's succulent slaughter. The Celtics are an asshole franchise that thinks it's entitled to everything. Don't take my word for it. Read Bill Livingston's excellent column from Sunday's Plain Dealer.

History will probably look back and pinpoint some specific moment when this generation of Cavs and Celtics became true rivals. I hadn't bought into it since the formation of the new Big Three, because frankly, we haven't beaten them in any meaningful fashion, not to mention the games were hotly contested but never veered outside the realm of respect.

Well the Celtics officially piss me off. This rivalry is on.

We want you green-and-white fucksticks in the Conference Finals.

No comments: