Friday, March 27, 2009

DJMJ Bracket Update

In case you were wondering, yes, I'm still alive, and yes, I have an NCAA Tournament bracket.

I've more or less ceded the blog to FLS during the tournament because he knows more about college basketball than I do, as evidenced by my national champion going up in smoke tonight. I was foolishly convinced that Memphis could handle Missouri's blitzkrieg press. Well, Mizzou threw a big, shitty socket wrench into that theory.
I also covered Tyreke Evans when he played high school basketball in Pennsylvania, and his 33 points were nice. The 4-to-5 assist-to-turnover ratio wasn't. My other three Final Four teams (Pitt, UNC, Loserville) are still alive, but Memphis' loss pretty much knocks me out of the running to win it all.

Luckily, I'm also in a round-by-round pool and I'm not doing too shabby. I'm going to ride a new team to the national championship:


That's right, me and this cute Carolina co-ed will be cheering for the same team the rest of the way, although the ACC's tournament contingent has been all but obliterated while the Big East has three teams already in the Elite Eight, with two more likely coming tomorrow.

I offer no defense for selling my soul to the national Tar Heel train except this: Tyler Hansbrough has made a career of beating Duke. That's awesome, and its awesomeness is beyond reproach.

I'm done talking. Just listen to FLS and forget we had this conversation.

No comments: