Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Quick Observation

When I watch Kobe Bryant play basketball and make contested jump shots, and then act like he's the toughest shit on the block, I want to take a baseball bat to his knees. Then I remember that he's more than likely despised by all of his teammates, is an obsessive image freak, and in truth is probably going to go down as one of the most reviled elite athletes of all time, right up next to Barry Bonds. Oh, and I remember that his wife owns him now, he's a delusional human being, and he wants desperately for everyone to love him and call him the greatest ever. It's comforting knowing that no one outside of L.A. with a functional brain will ever love him, and that there's no chance for him to be considered the best ballplayer of all time.

Oh, and I also think to myself, "Why does a guy that came from a wealthy, ritzy suburb of Philly try to act tough? It just makes no sense." I laugh some more.

By the way, Ron Artest is my favorite player ever.

No comments: